Tuesday, November 10, 2009

revelation

I forgot how much I totally love writing. Sad, I know. But seriously, I haven't done any serious writing in years because I've "been too busy," "don't have time," "don't have any fresh ideas," blah blah blah. And now, I've been bombarded with this need to write, to put into words the creative ideas inside my head. And it feels so absolutely wonderful to be doing what I'm doing. There's just an utter release and sense of relaxation in putting words down on paper. A sense of urgency in getting thoughts settled before they run away and total elation as the thoughts form a complete whole. I am so incredibly happy at this exact moment in time. I feel as though I have done something worthwhile (I just finished a short story) and it's a great feeling. And now to bed...I have stayed up way too late typing out the expressions in my head. But what is one supposed to do when creative juices are flowing? Snap the lid and hope they don't go flat? I think not.

1 comment:

  1. I love that feeling of being overwhelmed by creative impulses. It's like something living inside you is trying to break free, trying to be realized...

    ReplyDelete